May 16, 2015

Genuine Humanity in Boston

On the way to the little village of Lisnice, CZ...in the Land of Oz


This is what decency and common humanity look like - in this insightful, compassionate look at Boston 'Bomber' Dzhokhar Tsarnaev. Heather is a defense attorney's daughter and she is already preparing a follow up posting on the grounds for an appeal.

Yesterday, I Saw the Boston Marathon Bomber

April 23, 2015 § 14 Comments
I stood mere feet from Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.
I don’t mean the fateful day of the 2013 Boston Marathon; I had the good luck to be outside the city on that day. Or any time previously, although we apparently traveled in similar circles: he lived in Cambridge; I worked there and lived nearby for awhile. I had a friend at UMass Dartmouth, where he was going to college. I teach at the community college his brother attended, the college he probably would have gone to after flunking out of UMass Dartmouth, if circumstances had been different. I often think of the times I may have passed him on the street in Central Square over the years, just another mop-headed teen I never looked too closely at.
I saw him yesterday, in person, in the courtroom.
Read the full article here at her blog Helter Skelter in a Summer Swelter

0 comments: